Realtek is the most popular Audio devices for both laptop and desktop, the audio drivers pre-installed or provided by your computers manufacturer could be outdated. Installing the latest audio driver could increase your audio experience, here is how to download and install it.
First here is the direct link to the download page, (Version R2.75)
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=falseif the URL changes refer to the instruction below
1. Go to Realtek Download Site : http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
2. Now click on the Computer Peripheral ICs - PC Audio Codecs - High Definition Audio Codecs - Software.
3. Now you will see "High Definition Audio Codec Term and Agreement", Click accept to and Next continue to continue to the download page.
4. Then on the download page you will see the latest drivers available, There are 2 type of driver packages you can choose which are:
- executable file : Easy installation package, just download and double click to install.
- ZIP File : Compressed driver package, require extraction before installation.
|You might see a pop-up windows after clicking the download server link.|
6. Other packages provided:
- ATI HDMI Audio devices normally require by computers which uses ATI graphics.
- 3D SorroundBack Beta : (Realtek 3D SoundBack restores audio effects, including surround sound, reverberation, and spatial effects, for legacy game titles when running on Windows Vista.).